Food and Drink Policy.
It goes without saying that you should already have a food and drink policy, which is acted upon by staff and parent /carer. As a minimum it should contain statements and how you intend to achieve the following:
- Restrictions on bringing in chocolate, confectionary and foods containing confectionary into the childcare setting including birthday cakes containing sweets
- Bringing in non-food related items to celebrate birthdays / individual special occasions e.g. stickers, books, as alternatives to sweets and cakes etc
- Restrictions on bringing in potato snacks / salty snacks / fried snacks into the setting for the children
- How the childcare setting supports and promotes breastfeeding
- How the childcare setting ensures food and drinks (including infant milks) brought from home are appropriately labelled, stored and transported
- How to sensitively engage and advise parents /carers in the provision of healthier foods and drinks and snacks.